For my baby Riki Happy Birthday

Hi Riki ,

I planned to write this on Saturday 21st September, 2013.  However on that day my heart was heavy with the attack at your favorite shopping mall the west gate in westlands Nairobi. I am still hoping that this did not spoil your day as I wish for the best in our country.

I am thus writing this today to commemorate that special day when you came to my life and that of our family.

You had started silently growing in me over nine months earlier on that September day of 2006.  Your sister was only over an year old when the doctor confirmed that indeed you were on your way here.  You stayed calm there in your special house made by God to prepare babies before they are ready for the world.  I was happy that you were coming but was also concerned, you see your sister was still a baby herself and still needed my undivided attention.  At some point I had to leave her with Shosh so I could fully take care of you.

By  September 20th  2006, I was already getting a bit anxious, you see you were supposed to come on the 16th but I was happy when you did not because I wanted us to share a birthday on the 18th, however when this did not happen I started to feel like you needed to come and fast.  So I woke up that day like the last three days hoping that would be the day and at 8 am that morning I was sure you were going to come. I waited long enough till I had no doubt before I left for the hospital, when I had your sister I went to the hospital so early I had to spend the night there before your sister came. I hate hospitals so I did not want to stay there long, that's why I waited till 4 pm before I left the house to go to The Mater Hospital in south B (we lived in Kasarani then, I know you have memories of that place).

I had already gotten  in the state mothers who are about to have babies get into before I reached the hospital but I must admit it was a long time before you came. It was already the following day on September 21st 2006 at  2.45 am. I did not see you immediately but when I did I fell in love totally and completely. At 3.9 Kgs you were the biggest baby born that night and the only boy, you were also the cutest, they say new borns look alike I don't believe them you were cuter than all the rest.

A few days later we went home to join the others and our lives have never been the same.  You were such an independent baby, growing so fast and needing just your 'nyonyo' you only cried when it was absolutely necessary and to date you are still the same.

We noticed early that you were so full of energy, while other babies walked at about 1 year you walked before you were 11 months and within a few months was running all the time, that energy has never reduced and at times I am worried you will hurt yourself.

We have loved you all this years because of the kind of person you are, so charming, loving and generous you have loved us back in equal measure. At your tender age you have had to deal with some difficulties but you have managed to cope exceedingly well, I am proud of you.

Today as you celebrate the beginning of your 7th year I want to rededicate that promise I made when I first saw you, that I will love you always.  I will protect you in all ways I can, I will help you achieve your goals and will work within my capacity to make you happy.  In me you will always have a pillar, your rock and your foundation and you can depend on me entirely.  I am not saying it will be easy, but I will try my best to make it bearable.

I wish you grow into the man I envision you to be, you achieve all your goals but my dearest son never loose that big heart you have for all.

Happy birthday Riki Jarso Bagaja Njuguna, Happy birthday my baby, happy birthday baba.

All the best

Love from Mama

Comments

  1. Another year a new beginning and my love continues to grow. Happy 8th Birthday baba happy birthday Riki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year New Beginnings Happy Birthday to me

When the mind plays hide and seak-a dedication

Its a decade of love cuddles and more love - Rigz