New Year New Beginnings Happy Birthday to me

This far Lord you have brought me and all I can say is THANK YOU.     

Today I am quite a different person from that skinny inquisitive kid who wouldn't rest until I got all the answers.  Now I have learnt that some things are better not to know that the less you know the better you are. I have learnt the different fights to  take, those to leave and those to fight on another day. I  have learnt that we don't have to agree to be friends that even if you are my friend you have your own opinion.  I have also learnt that there are friends for different reasons and just because they did not visit you at the hospital when you were sick it does not mean that they do not care or that they love you less.  I have learnt that I need to be independent strong and self sufficient but I also sometimes need guidance and being led by the hand.  It has been a long journey and the horizon is still far but thus far I have learnt a lot of life skills and the difference it has with a lifeskills.

Today I am not that naive girl that fell in love head over heels with the first man that showed affection.  I have learnt that men just like friends serve different purposes in my life and just because he says he loves me does not mean it will be forever.  I have learnt to separate sex from love and affection with kindness and pity, most of all I have learnt that if a man leaves me its his loss.

Today I am not that proud young professional who thought that I owned the worlds knowledge.  I have learnt that there were far much brighter people before me and more will come after me.  A difference in opinion is no longer a point of argument but an occasion of knowledge.  I have also learnt that yes I am intelligent and good at what I do, confident in my capabilities but I sometimes need help and support.  I am not a know it all.

As I have journeyed in the last years I have come upon meanders  on the road, unexpected curves and those bends that appear from nowhere.  Like a good driver I have learnt that the real practice is on the road.  It was nice not only to move along the road but also to look at the view to inhale the fresh air and sometimes to pull over and just get out of the car and wait for nothing in particular. 

I have been blessed abundantly, with love care and understanding, with family and friends and with always the knowledge that there is a higher power looking over me.   I have had and lost love and been loved again isn't that wonderful. I have lost family and friends, and gained more.  Witnessed deaths and births. 

On this journey I learnt the love that is forever, that of God and I have had a chance to practice loving over and over again by being the mother of two wonderful and beautiful peope. I have learnt the hard way that there are indeed different shades of grey and love and honour are great virtues.  I want to pass this to these kids so they too can see one day what I see.

Today I celebrate growth, maturity, development and change.  I am older, more tolerant and understanding, more experienced in matters of the world but humble to the fact that it is not yet over....''aluta continua''

So I want to say thank you Lord for this far you have brought me. I want to say thanks to my family and to my friends and all those I have rubbed shoulders with.  To you all I say........

Newega mono, erokamano, asante sana, danke tashakur, shukran,THANK YOU

Comments

  1. Another year seems like yesterday that I wrote this I am really proud that I have been here to witness such a profound existence. I met Wole Soyinka thanks alot my friend and leader AO and the Story Moja team

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best birthday gift this past year was from my son when he said mama I will never make you cry I will never make you sad. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have grown about me and my Riki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When the mind plays hide and seak-a dedication

Its a decade of love cuddles and more love - Rigz