When the mind plays hide and seak-a dedication

I pride myself to be of above average IQ but recently I have had situations where I have questioned that very brilliant mind given some of the decisions I have made.  It is indeed hard for the kind of mind I have that has to breakdown every little detail and place it rationally in its precise correct and sometimes permanent position.  Nothing happens out of chance.  Oh whom am I kidding sometimes its better to let things be and not think too much into issues.  The more you take your brain on an override the more you get confused. So I have decided for my own sanity let some things be and have fun all the way.

St Augustine the great scholar once encountered a boy trying to empty the ocean, I am reminded by his story that some things are beyond reasoning and can only be understood through feeling. At times we need to let our inner selves experience the depth of the situation instead of letting our rational minds go into zig zags.

I have learnt quite fast indeed that in life things are not only in black and white right and wrong, that there are many hues and a number of greys, that wrong sometimes may be right and right may be wrong and that happiness sometimes calls for sacrifice.

As a young girl growing up among boys in a care free world where  my energy and the length of day determined my happiness, I had great dreams of how my life would be. As I grew up I followed a strict white and black kind of world to ensure I achieved my goals.
Growing older and blossoming into the woman I am today I still have dreams but my world is no longer as innocent as before.  I have been hurt, I have hurt others and I have been sad so others could be happy.

As life goes on I want still to hold to that little girl's dream, I come broken but not in pieces, slower but not without vitality, I come with my heart guarded but I put all the cards on the table.

Finally I come with all  that I have collected as I traverse this journey, the extra kilos, the extra responsibilities, the greater  tolerance  the extra wisdom, but with the same amount of love, may be more.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year New Beginnings Happy Birthday to me

Its a decade of love cuddles and more love - Rigz