I am a career woman

I am a woman by all means. Yes a little on the weighty side that's African and with a college degree to boot. I wake up at 5am and do not go to bed before midnight.  From 8am to 5pm sometimes 6 ,7 or 8, sometimes longer,  I toil in somebody else's creative designed work(that's what they think whom am I to judge) . Not that I am not creative myself but I am still climbing this ladder albeit slower than I had anticipated.  I have two children they could be three but the number is just fine I can't complain at least I have a boy and a girl every mothers perfect number.

My day starts with snoozing the alarm till I can't bare it any more and boy do I have anything to wear today, oh what day is it. If its Monday it has to be a tailored suit previously owned across the oceans I like to fantasize who could have had this figure since it fits just OK if we ignore the over stretched button area.

I cannot have breakfast since you know this third world countries with their movement issues so I totally rely on the tea made at the office and a scone from the cafeteria downstairs, that's  much better, you know I lived on turungi and 'nguache' for the longest time in my life, nowadays  I only eat 'ngwache' when I notice my jeans don't fit anymore and there was a documentary on TV saying 'nguache is better than cakes..ooops I said it I have been working on my weight since I was eeeeeh lets just say forever.

I attend meetings in big hotels, the cost of tea in this places can pay for my data bundles for the whole month especially if I use the airtel unliminet. Here we come to discuss big issues in the development agenda.  Everyone there thinks of how smart I am when I give my presentation. They hull around me and congratulate me on my great mind.  Some of those ideas should be credited to my seven year old son.  Some to my trying to juggle this very difficult life.  When the others present I can tell from which Google page they down loaded their ideas. Like the broad chested now presenting about child protection innovations, when he mentions child friendly spaces I know that's  from www. dash dash dash.com.

On Tuesday after the mandatory staff update meeting I go to some other meeting where bored old men, ambitious young ones and career women like I talk for two hours; can you imagine two hours about something that my daughter can write in her grade 4 composition.  I ask myself over and over again why cant they get it.  Today we talked about youth participation in development. I spent the whole two hours comparing chest diameters of the different men who presented and whether the ladies had bigger or smaller.....than mine.

Friday is a good day, I only have to work up to 3 pm, then I can go shopping ehehehe window shopping or the bend over type.  I can then buy my son a new vest and gym socks my daughter......she used to love dolls now everything I buy is taken with a muuuuuum.   Friday too I can wear my jeans I love them to bits that's why they are in bits and  have shreds at the feet and are threadbare.  I can also get a chance to do what I love most, get together with my bbf and gossip about everything and nothing while laughing our hearts out.

You probably think my life is fine, yes in some ways it is, however, juggling this work with cooking cleaning, washing and I mean washing everything including dirty socks and mucus filled handkerchiefs, by hand; driving, you name it you have it can sometimes be a bit too much even for me. The worst is homework, is it for the parent or the kid? I wonder. How am I supposed help out in French, they never taught this in Endebess  Primary School. I cant even draw an egg, yet I am supposed to supervise and assess a collage, still life or some other artwork. I let them get away with whatever they do with music the teacher knows best I tell them, as long as its not noise its fine with me.  The teacher also thinks I have a lot of time to go for parents conferences and to volunteer for class activities. I have survived I will go on is what I tell myself.

Then I have a sister, chronologically she is older than me but that's the end of her being superior to me. I have to make decisions for her for everything, if I forget to tell her to breath she will just drop dead.  You must ask where is Mr baba, that my dear is a story of another book.  Maybe my neighbor who..... don't tell anyone..... I have hots for(who said a girl can't have fun even if it means peering through the curtain when the man of her dreams is passing by) he must never know, of course he will never look in my direction. I am very proud to water his plants when he is away even though I stopped planting anything because I didn't have the energy to carry the watering can.

I participate in developing a better life for all most of all my boss who uses me as a means to inflate his ego and as a mat to clean his muddy shoes and sometimes even a punching bag to release pent up pressure. I am developing the youth and the generation to come in my work and also at home. But if you ask me what I am I will say proudly; I am a career woman.

Yes I am a career woman.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year New Beginnings Happy Birthday to me

When the mind plays hide and seak-a dedication

Its a decade of love cuddles and more love - Rigz