Its a decade of love cuddles and more love - Rigz

Today my baby you turn 10 years, that is a Decade.  10 years of love growing and expanding WAH!
I remember like it was yesterday that first day you came to this earth, very calmly and yet with quite a bang.  That hot afternoon on December 9th 2004 at the Nairobi Women's Hospital is the day you chose to set me apart from all women.  Nothing sure compares to the love I felt for you that day, they say there is nothing like love at first sight they are very wrong, the minute I saw you tired as I was I fell deeply and tremendously in love.

Today 10 years later that love continues to grow. I no longer look at you all the time even while you sleep for fear that you may disappear like I used to do when you were weeks old, You see you were so cute I could not believe you were all mine,  today I know you are going nowhere but that adoration is still there.  I still however take time to look at you when you sleep so I can feel that peace I got used to when you were little.

Today as you turn 10 I realize you are still my baby, yes you take your own bath, clean your room and even make me breakfast some days; those are my best days; but you are still my baby.  You have grown taller and heavier and more so wiser. I am proud of every achievement you have had from that first tooth you hard, the little cup you brought home on your first term in kindergarten to the last report but I am more proud of the things you have learnt, the love and respect for others, the compassion, your hard work, your resilience and most importantly your dedication to God.

As you start this new chapter of your life baby, I want you to know that I am always here, things may not go as planned but with me on your side and God giving us a thumbs up we will go far.  As you grow into the woman I envision you to be  I want you to know that you can dream of whatever you want to be  and I will be there pushing you to achieve those dreams. when you make mistakes don't be afraid to come to mama of course I will give you a kwakwakwa but I will also cry with you and help you mend your ways or forge new ones.   Baby do not be afraid to fall backwards on me coz I will catch you all those times you do.

You are entering a new age, an age where sometimes you will not be sure whether you are a baby or grown but I will guide you, I promise I do not know everything as you have already discovered with your French homework but I do know quite a lot and together we make a great team. Do not fear and face each new day with renewed strength and confidence, in those shadows I will be lurking to urge you on.

So today Rigz my baby my first child my girl, I re-dedicate my love for you and promise to hold you on as I will forever be your loving 'MamA'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY nyakwar Njuguna, Warigia wa Wachuka, Mware wa Gathore

Happy Birthday Mama, sweet malaika

Comments

  1. I love you Warigia and you love me too and thats how its gonna be God will be with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year New Beginnings Happy Birthday to me

When the mind plays hide and seak-a dedication