Rigz turns 13

Happy birthday Rigz as you turn 13 today
Where did time go?, I ask, when did you grow?
As you officially enter teenage Rigz, I want to repeat the promises I made to you when you were born, be your mother to care tend and nurture, your friend for a shoulder to lean on your supporter and champion in all you do and your confidant.
As you enter this age that separates you from childhood and veers you into adulthood, I want you to remember that I am your compass when you get lost think of me and you will know your true North and from hence you will get your direction back home.
I want you to know that your friends may seem more important than us now and its OK but remember the values you have learned and don't sacrifice your character so you can look trendy, sometimes its OK to stand alone on firm ground.
As from today you start a journey that may have turns and bends unfamiliar, ask and seek guidance, there is no shame in not knowing. Other hobbies will start interesting you but keep your love for reading as knowledge is power but it is also a passage to many places and experiences and travel to other worlds be-known to you.
Discover and make friendships with boys I will not tell you like my mother told me to keep away from them as that is virtually impossible and counterproductive, but I will say discover their friendships, learn to cooperate with them and keep your values, do not I repeat don't be pressurized to do anything that makes you uncomfortable. You are beautiful and that's how it should be, You must be treated with respect.
Be steadfast in prayer and in everything ask for God's guidance. God is the only true friend, do not abandon Him for new found friendships, expand your knowledge of Him, read the bible, pray meditate and trust His unending love for you. All my change but He is unchanging.
As you enter this age, I pray that God will give me the wisdom to guide you, protect you and bring to him a package beautiful as it was given to me.
I have high hopes for you I also have fears but I know you and I are a great team and together we shall triumph.
So happy birthday nyathina, Blessings to you and many more birthdays.

Happy birthday Sherlyn (Rigz) Warigia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year New Beginnings Happy Birthday to me

When the mind plays hide and seak-a dedication

Its a decade of love cuddles and more love - Rigz