May baby is all grown, Rigz@18

 Today a new chapter in our lives begins. My child my firstborn, my baby my sweet Warigia is no longer a child but a young adult. Sherlyn Warigia aka Rigz turns 18 today drum beats ............. 

I thank God for the grace of being a mother He chose me for this wonderful child His gift to me wrapped in the most wonderful person I ever knew.  God you have been faithful, you have heard each cry and answered each prayer, you have directed my path in this journey and I say, Ahsante Baba. Your Holy Spirit has been the guiding principle that has lit the path we have taken and through His divine wisdom guided me to make the right choices for this child and for this, I say Ahsante Muumba. Your son has been the gentle reminder of the sacrifices he made on Calvary for me and mankind and His example has made me learn to sacrifice and carry my cross obediently and for this, I say Ahsante Mwokozi. 

I thank you, my mama, you have been a constant in this child's life, we do not know what we would have done without you, the trajectory of our lives would be so different if you were not there to step in so I could support the family, you were a grandmother with your own physical and social issues dealt against raising this child plus all the others but you did your best, look at her now all rounded and a better person because of you, Ahsante sana mama, she is your ngarana and you two are tight as thieves.  mama from you Warigia has learnt a lifestyle she would never have known a connection to the past, a way of life that most young people only read in books, respect for elders, value for hard work and family virtues, and trust in God, things I would never have taught her as I lack the necessary tools and examples but that she saw in you and were able to practice. From you, she learnt grace and resilience and a hand for charity but most important she learnt that she comes from a lineage of strong women. This tribute is to you as it is to her because she is you in the future. Mama Ahsante, I love you. 

I thank you big sister Njoki you stepped up to the plate to support this young girl, you have been an active participant from day one, and you have especially played a significant role as she exits childhood just as you did when she entered, may God bless you for me. Warigia listens to and respects you and for this, I thank God that there is always someone she can talk to apart from me who has her interest at heart. Continue guiding and leading her. You have been the balanced opinion that she needs and she will need that more moving forward.  

I thank all the other family members, my brother, my nieces and nephews, cousins, and the whole extended family, it takes a village and yes Warigia has been raised by all of you, and for this Mungu awabariki. 

My friends have been the best, we share so much and engage in so many ways, your support, encouragement, love, laughter, guidance, and accommodating my nuisance has made this journey lighter. I thank those who have supported us spiritually, financially emotionally socially, and in any other way. We have celebrated each birthday, each milestone, and sometimes cried over some failures, we have crossed rivers where we built the bridges ourselves, surmounted mountains we did not even know existed and come out on the other side victorious. In you, I have confidence that Warigia will never lack in aunties and is safe. Thank you. 

Thank you other friends neighbors and acquittances for whatever role however small you played. I thank the staff that has worked for us, nannies watchmen, and tutors your deeds did not go unnoticed. I also thank all her teachers in school and in the community may God bless you. 

Warigia thank you for being the child after God's own heart, thank you for being obedient and easy to instruct, thank you for your discipline and hard work but most importantly thank you for loving me as I am. As you enter this new stage in life remember all we have learned, do not lose focus on your goals, keep trusting in God keep working hard and expand your vision 

I pray that God rewards all you have worked for, especially in this exam you are sitting for, I pray that you get to see all your dreams come true. Remember you always have me and God, and as I have always told you we are a great team. I won't lie and say it's going to be easy but what I can say is it's doable, with the right tools and attitude and with the will of God. 

Go forth my baby and face the world, give it your best, your beauty, your brilliance your love for fine things, your cooking and baking skills, and most importantly your love for God and His creation. I send you as Jesus did to His disciples to a world full of wolves but where sheep still thrive, like the disciples you are not alone, the Holy Spirit is with you each step of the way and I am there encouraging you, steering you on, and loving you unconditionally.  Your brother, your Shosho, and our whole family is behind you. Welcome to adulthood my baby. 


Happiest birthday Warigia, Happy birthday dear girl. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the mind plays hide and seak-a dedication

New Year New Beginnings Happy Birthday to me

Thanks Giving List